Class IV Deep Tissue Laser Therapy is here at Physical Therapy Associates!
We are excited to announce that we are now offering LightForce Class IV Deep Tissue Laser Therapy treatments to West Texas! In conjunction with our Recovery Zone, we are now offering active recovery treatments that help you Get Better Faster! Read on to find out more about this technology.
Laser therapy is a non-invasive technique to help reduce pain and inflammation. Laser therapy can be safely used as an adjunct or replacement for pharmaceutical drugs. This pain relief treatment is FDA cleared and enables patients to have an alternative to drugs and surgery.
Laser therapy treatments last between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the condition being treated. Laser therapy treatments must be administered directly to skin, as laser light cannot penetrate through layers of clothing. You will feel a soothing warmth as the therapy is administered.
Depending on the condition being treated, your therapy may be administered through either a contact or non-contact hand piece. The contact hand piece is designed to allow the practitioner to physically manipulate the tissue while administering the treatment, resulting in a laser-massage treatment. This allows for light to penetrate deeper into tissues than the non-contact hand piece due to its ability to displace tissue through a laser-massage technique.
Patients generally see results after 3 to 5 treatments. Your therapist will develop a treatment plan that is optimal for your condition. (LightForce, 2017)
The following are some of the suggested uses for Deep Tissue Laser Therapy:
• A possible alternative to surgery
• A pre-surgery treatment
• Post-surgery treatment to accelerate healing
• A long-term pain management system
• Acute injury treatment for sprains and strains (LightForce, 2017)
The following are contraindications for use of Deep Tissue Laser Therapy:
• Abdominal or lumbosacral area in pregnancies
• Children with open growth plates
• Patients with pacemakers
• Active site with cancer present
• People with heat or light sensitivities or those taking certain steroids (Pryor & Riegel, 2008)
The following are some to the conditions treated with Deep Tissue Laser Therapy:
• Edema or Swelling of Joints or Extremities
• Sports Injuries
• Carpal Tunnel and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
• Tennis Elbow
• Golfer’s Elbow
• Arthritis, Bursitis & Tendonitis Pain
• Sports Injuries (sprained ankles, elbows, etc.)
• Plantar Fasciitis
• Joint Pain
• Post-surgical knee, hip, and shoulder pain
• Scar tissue pain
• Hip pain
• Shoulder pain
• Neck pain
• Low Back pain
• And Many More
Are you interested in learning more about how the LightForce laser from PT Associates can help you Get Better Faster? Do you have further questions? Please call our office at 806.792.5522 to enquire about packages we offer.