Our Response to COVID-19
Considering the recent concerns regarding COVID19, we would like to update you on our commitment to provide your physical therapy treatment with your safety in mind.
UPDATE for Patients, Family, and Friends
(As of May 4, 2020)
Considering the recent concerns regarding COVID19, we would like to update you on our commitment to provide your physical therapy treatment with your safety in mind. While we continue as always to use the CDCs recommended Universal Precautions, which have protected our patients and team from other viruses, the seasonal flu and common colds, we are implementing additional safeguards while we navigate the present situation. We will continue to keep the clinic area disinfected after each patient use, as well as sanitize all surfaces, including: all equipment, mats, countertops, door handles, sinks and faucets as well as the lobby and waiting area.
With your safety in mind, we are making the following changes/recommendations:
- Physical therapy is an essential part of your overall health. We are still open and we are still able to see patients in person! We now offer Telehealth for those that would like an alternative during this time.
- If a patient or family member currently has any flu-like symptoms (fever, body aches, sore throat, runny nose, cough), please contact our office at 806-792-5522 so that we can reschedule your appointment.
- If you have recently travelled to a high-risk area and have been in contact with a suspected carrier, please call to reschedule your appointment.
- To increase the health and safety at our facility, Germblast has been sanitizing our entire building periodically.
- Temperature screenings are being performed prior to all appointments and to everyone that enters our facility.
- To promote social distancing, we encourage siblings/family members to remain at home or wait in the car, if possible. We ask that only patients (and any necessary parent/guardian) be allowed in the clinic area. All chairs in the lobby have been moved 6 feet apart and are cleaned each hour between use.
- No visitors to the clinic are allowed to wait in the lobby at this time. If visitors prefer to wait in the car, we are happy to call them when their family member is done with treatment.
- We have removed as many avenues for cross contamination as possible (Ex: Magazines)
If you have any concerns about your visit to our office, we certainly understand and will be happy to assist you in rescheduling your appointment. We are also available to answer any questions and address any concerns that you may have. If the situation changes, we will keep you informed of the procedural changes being made to ensure your health and safety.
Thank you so much for your understanding.
The Physical Therapy Associates Team
"I have had the opportunity to have therapy at other places but Physical Therapy Associates far exceeds the other places I have been. The staff is always friendly and show concern for your well being. When I started therapy after back surgery, my muscles felt very weak and the simplest activity tired me quickly. Burt Frank is an outstanding therapist and worked with me to strengthen my back and core muscles. He always motivated me to exceed my own expectations. I completed therapy this week and my back feels so much stronger. I can do more each day and have more stamina than when I started. Thank you Burt for all your work with me! With work at home I feel I will continue to feel stronger."
"Wonderful people! They help me feel better and stronger after shoulder surgery. Autumn and Tracy, thank you so much for getting me mobile again. I consider everyone at Physical Therapy Associates a friend. Thank you again so much for your help. I will recommend you guys to everyone."
"This is my first time to have any kind of physical therapy. I was very impressed to see how friendly and how much they care about your specific need and what it takes to get you back to being healthy. I would recommend Physical Therapy Associates to anyone."
"After rotator cuff surgery, I received excellent care from my therapist Lex Gillean. The entire staff from the front desk to my therapist provided the care I needed to recover my strength and range of motion. Thank you Physical Therapy Associates!"